a gathering place for online women's bible studies....

"He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:6
Welcome to our gathering place for online women's Bible studies. Our current study is, Esther by Beth Moore.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Session Two Video

Hello, my dear friends!

It's Thursday morning and I just now finished the Session Two video. I don't have much time to write about it but I had to stop in and at least say...wow. Was Beth right-on about everything, or what?

The meanness thing. Gracious be, we've all been on both sides of it, haven't we? I cracked up when she said "I never knew a grown woman could hate an 8-year old..." Isn't that so true? When someone messes with our kids, it brings out a rage in us that we never knew existed.

But the biggest thing she touched on that I wish we could tell every single girl and woman on the planet, was about modesty. "Mean girls dress provocatively around other women's men....KEEP YOUR BREASTS TO YOURSELF!!" Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how many times I've been to CHURCH and seen as much cleavage as when I go out into the world. That's so wrong. I'll be honest to tell you that in years past I dabbled in that kind of attention-grabbing myself but the spirit of conviction has led me to see clearly how very wrong that is. And now nothing sparks holy anger in me like a girl displaying herself as if all she's worth is a tongue-wagging glance from a guy(s) she really cares nothing about. Oh ladies, we are so much more valuable than that.

I'll leave it at that.

I love reading your comments! Please take the time to let me know what you're thinking.

And whether you are ahead or behind in your homework, feel free to leave a comment regarding something God spoke loudly to you about. Be sure to give us a page number so we can refer to it as well.

Thank you dear friends!



1 comment:

  1. Lori, Im posting to let you know that I have not forgotten about this study here. Things at our house has been a little crazy the last few weeks. I just finished my second week in the book and downloaded the video this morning and will try to watch it before the day is over. I have to say that I really do love this study. Please dont give up on me! You are keeping me accountable without you even knowing it. So thank you! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete